Sonos users – this week the company will release an update to its controllers for Mac and PC, as well improvements to Android wireless performance.
Here’s the low-down from Sonos:
BETTER CONTROL ON MAC AND PC
New Sonos Controller apps for Mac and PC make it easier than ever to find, control and play all the music on earth—right from your favorite desktop or laptop. Enhancements include:
- Mini Controller to control the music while working in other apps
- Search across all music sources from a single search box. Quickly find artists, albums, songs and stations from a music library, Internet radio and music services.
- Simple drag & drop interface now lets you add one or multiple songs to the queue, room or group of rooms for instant music gratification
- One touch Party Mode volume control makes it easy to raise or lower the volume in all grouped rooms simultaneously
- New design and functionality provide greater consistency with other Sonos Controller apps
- Free download available worldwide
BETTER WIRELESS FOR ANDROID DEVICES
Android smartphones and tablets can now use the SonosNet wireless mesh network to connect to Sonos and the Internet. With SonosNet you can:
- Enjoy superior wireless range and coverage for your Android devices at home instead of relying on your home WiFi network
- Get to the music faster with improved wireless performance on your Android devices
IMPORTANT: AN OS UPGRADE MAY BE REQUIRED
The new Sonos Controller apps for Mac and PC require Mac OS X 10.6 or higher and Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higher (including Vista or Windows 7). If you are currently using an earlier version, you will need to upgrade your OS before downloading the Sonos 3.7 update.
How to Update and More information
You can access the updates from the Sonos Support site here: http://www.sonos.com/support/
For more information visit the Sonos Blog: http://blog.sonos.com/news/coming-soon-new-controller-apps-for-mac-and-pc/ or just call us on (07) 3552 7000.
For more about Sonos, visit our Sonos page.