Anthem’s ground-breaking STR integrated amp is the perfect blend of digital smarts and old-world analog grunt. In the short time it’s been around it has already garnered more rave reviews than most amps get in a lifetime – here’s just a sample:
“The Anthem STR is a watershed product worth serious consideration. Highly recommended.” - Tom Norton, Stereophile
“I can’t overstate how impressed I was by the execution of its overall design. In my years as an audio reviewer, the STR Integrated is one of the most impressive examples of a fully fledged audio product I’ve come across.” - Roger Kanno, SoundStage Hi-Fi
“If you want an integrated amplifier that delivers major audiophile performance, sounds great, and offers major flexibility, this is the one you want.” – Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio
Designed, engineered and made in Canada, the STR combines the benefits of an advanced pre-amp with the power of a massive amplifier (200w into 8Ω; 400 into 4Ω; 550W into 2Ω).
It includes leading-edge DAC, Anthem Room Correction (ARC™), customisable bass manager for mono or stereo sub outs, MM and MC phono inputs—far more than the average integrated amp.
- High-resolution preamplifier section
- High current, high output amplifier section
- 8 bipolar output devices per channel, a toroidal transformer power supply, and Advanced Load Monitoring for 200W at 8 ohms, 400W at 4 ohms, 550W at 2 ohms, all continuous
- Anthem Room Correction (ARC™) optimises in-room response for perfect sound
- Bass management for two subwoofers, in mono or stereo
- Up-sampling of lower-resolution sources to 24-bit/192kHz
- S/PDIF coaxial and optical, and balanced AES/EBU inputs
- Asynchronous USB Audio Input supports 32-bit/384kHz PCM, and DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz sources
- MM and MC phono, balanced XLR, and single-ended analog inputs
- Analog Direct mode
- Graphic Front Panel Display for easy setup and navigation
- Controllable via Ethernet, RS-232, or supplied IR remote
- Available in Silver and Black Finishes
The recommended retail price of the Anthem STR Integrated Amplifier is $6,999.