The new iPad has launched, with an Australian release date of March 16 announced today (March 7).
- The new iPad will have a new 2048-by-1536 pixel Retina display. That alone is a big step up from the current model.
- A new A5X dual core processor. This will help drive the new display smoothly and provide more grunt for graphics-intensive apps, as well as smoother scrolling and faster web experiences.
- Better cameras with a 5-megapixel rear camera and a Facetime front camera.
- 4G LTE capability - but unfortunately this will not work with Telstra's 4G network due to differences in frequencies used in our network vs US networks
- It will be slightly thicker (by 6mm) and heavier (by 50g)
What will the new iPad cost?
Wi-Fi + 4G
iPad 2 - new pricing
Apple are continuing the base 16GB iPad 2 at new price points:
Wi-Fi + 3G
What do you think? Tempted by the new iPad? Jump over to our Facebook page and let us know!