The D150 digital stereo preamplifier expands McIntosh's digital music capabilities by supporting many of the newest digital audio formats such as DSD and DXD. A USB input accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD64, DSD128, DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Two coaxial and two optical inputs accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals. It is a simple solution to add the latest digital music formats to your existing system.
Balanced and unbalanced connections are available for both variable and fixed volume audio outputs, providing flexibility in setting up and connecting your system. Or simply add an amplifier, a pair of speakers and a digital source for a complete digital based stereo system. It's also flexible enough to be used as a headphone amplifier; just connect your digital sources and a pair of headphones for a personal listening experience.
The D150 uses the same revered DAC as the D100, featuring an 8 channel, 32-bit, 500kHz D/A converter with wide dynamic range and extremely low distortion. Eight channel D/A conversion is used in stereo Quad Balanced mode. Music at all levels is reproduced with extreme precision and elegance.
It shares the classic façade, knobs and handcrafted black-glass front panels as all other McIntosh components in a small form factor of just under 10cm in height.
McIntosh D150 price & availability
The D150 is available to order now, and the recommended retail price is $4,995.
Download the McIntosh D150 Brochure >
More info on the McIntosh website >
D150 Key Features
- The D150 digital stereo preamplifier supports many of the latest digital audio formats such as DSD and DXD.
- A unique DIN input connects to select McIntosh SACD/CD transports or players for the purest possible sound quality.
- A USB input accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD64, DSD128, DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Two coaxial and two optical inputs accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals.
- The D150 is one of the only processors to support DSD and DXD which is the finest in high resolution audio.
- Advanced Quad Balanced, Digital-to-Analog circuitry is capable of handling the finest commercial recordings, assuring the best sound from your music collection.
- The D150 is also a superb headphone amplifier; just connect your digital sources for a personal listening experience.
ULTRA LOW DISTORTION
FREQUENCY RESPONSE, +0, -3DB
4Hz to 68,000Hz
MAXIMUM VOLTS OUT (BALANCED / UNBALANCED)
16/8 V RMS
INPUT IMPEDANCE (BALANCED / UNBALANCED)
44K ohm, 22K ohm
PHONO VOLTAGE GAIN
HIGH LEVEL VOLTAGE GAIN
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO
DUAL MONO POWER SUPPLY
DUAL MONO, FULLY BALANCED
Digital, Fully Balanced
Yes 1/4", High Drive
VARIABLE OUTPUTS UNBALANCED
VARIABLE OUTPUTS BALANCED
DIGITAL USB INPUT
1 (2.0, 32/192 Asynchronous)
44.1kHz to 384kHz, 32-Bit (PCM) DSD64, DSD128, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT
DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT
DIGITAL DIN INPUT
PHONO MOVING MAGNET
PHONO MOVING COIL
RECORD PROCESSOR LOOP
INPUT LEVEL MATCH
HOME THEATER PASS THROUGH
TONE BYPASS AND INPUT ASSIGN
RS232 CONTROL INPUT
POWER CONTROL OUTPUT
REAR PANEL DATA PORTS
Yes, 1 in
REAR PANEL IR SENSOR INPUT
MULTI-CHASSIS OR SINGLE
POWER CONSUMPTION (ON)
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)
17.5" (44.45cm) x 3-7/8" (9.8cm) x 16" (40.64cm)
13.5 lbs (6.1kg)