Pro-Ject Audio have released a new high-performance and excellent value turntable, the RPM 3 Carbon. At a price of just $1,099 it's quite a steal, and it's already been recognised as such, recently winning the EISA European turntable of the year 2015-2016 award:
The RPM3 Carbon boasts a number of improvements from its sibling, the RPM 1 Carbon. The RPM 3 Carbon design has been upgraded to significantly reduce resonance across the turntable. While maintaining the instantly recognisable shape, this turntable boasts improvements in the tonearm, bearing, and motor.
The brand new tonearm is a carbon fibre and aluminium resin construct, made using special heat and pressure treatments. The result of this new design is a tonearm that is more solid and anti-resonant than ever before at this price, while maintaining a light weight. The arm is finished off with a pre-fitted Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge and a new magnetic anti-skate mechanism. The improved counterweight also utilises TPE damping in the form of an anti-resonant ring around the fixing point.
RPM3 Key Features:
- Precision belt drive using synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Vinyl topped sandwich platter
- 10” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic anti-skating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Pre-fitted Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge
- Available in high-gloss black
- Lid available as optional extra
Pro-Ject RPM3 price and availability
The RPM3 Carbon has a recommended retail price of $1,099 and is available now.