Introducing the new Sonos Era speakers: the ultimate smart speakers for music lovers. We've just received these in store and they absolutely live up to expectations following some fabulous reviews from around the globe.
Sound quality from both models is astonishing - the Era 100's are a revelation in stereo sound from a single compact unit, while the Era 300 deliver very, very impressive Dolby Atmos surround - in the right listening environment (i.e. not a massive open plan space but a regular sized lounge room).
If you're looking for a smart speaker that delivers amazing sound quality, seamless connectivity and cutting-edge features, look no further than the new Sonos Era speakers. We encourage you to drop in to our Fortitude Valley showroom to hear them for yourself.
Now, the highlights:
Sonos Era 100
The Sonos Era 100 is the successor to the Sonos One, and it's the new default smart speaker for music. It features next-gen acoustics and noticeably deeper bass thanks to a woofer that's 25% larger than the woofer in the Sonos One.
Unlike its predecessor a single Era 100 can fill the room with finely tuned stereo sound thanks to two outward-firing tweeters using custom waveguides. And Sonos Trueplay is standard, automatically adjusting the EQ to perfectly match your room acoustics for optimal sound quality.
It also supports hands-free voice commands with Amazon Alexa or the Sonos app, as well as AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth streaming.
Sonos Era 100 vs Sonos One
The new Era 100 improves on Sonos One in a number of ways, both in terms of features and sound quality:
- Era 100 is slightly larger than Sonos One, with a 25% larger woofer, delivering noticeably deeper bass and more volume output
- There are now two tweeters, angled outwards with waveguides to deliver a convincing stereo soundstage (vs pure mono in Sonos One)
- Bluetooth connectivity is now standard (great for when guests want to connect up easily)
- Era 100 has a USB-C line-in port, with a separate adaptor available to connect 3.5mm line-in cables
- A new Quicktune mode for Trueplay room tuning that supports Android devices as well as iPhones
- The only feature that Sonos One beats Era 100 on is voice assistance - Era 100 drops the support for Google Assistant so your options here are Alexa and the Sonos app
- Era 100 does have a hard switch at the rear to completely de-power the microphone if privacy is a concern for you.
Sonos Era 300
The Sonos Era 300 is the first stand-alone speaker from Sonos with Dolby Atmos support, which means it can create 3D spatial audio that fully immerses you in music and movies. It has six drivers, including upward- and side-firing speakers, that bounce sound off your walls and ceiling for an incredibly realistic effect. You can enjoy movies, games, concerts and more with a whole new dimension of sound.
Six drivers with custom waveguides steer sound around the room for immersive music and movies
Era 300 also features everything the Era 100 has to offer, including Bluetooth connectivity, line input, Trueplay auto room tuning, voice control, multi-room capability and lots more.
Sonos Era Reviews
Don't just take our word for it. Here's what some of the experts have to say about the new Sonos Era speakers:
"The Era 100 is Sonos’s best-sounding small speaker, and takes the crown as the new top smart speaker for music." - The Guardian
"The Sonos Era 300 is an immensely immersive experience that will make you feel like you're in the middle of the action." - What Hi-Fi?
"If you're in the market for a compact all-in-one speaker, the Era 100 is easily the best one I have ever heard." - Wired
So what are you waiting for? Order your new Sonos Era speaker/s today and get ready to experience a new era of sound quality and smarts.
Sonos Era Bundle Deals
We also have eight different bundle deals featuring Sonos Era 100 and Era 300 teamed with Sonos soundbars and subs - click here to check them out!